Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Scotch Eggs

This is from a Paleo cookbook I recently purchased called Well Fed. Someone blogs about the recipe here: http://lowcarbcookery.wordpress.com/2012/01/16/scotch-eggs-from-well-fed/

Anyway, it is really good. I used almost all of a 3.75 oz bag of pork rinds. I probably coated them too thick, it is hard not to, so I was running out of the 2 oz and so crushed more. We each had one as the main course of dinner. It felt really fancy, and is a great way to have eggs be the star of the meal. David loved the pork rind. Non-paleo versions of this recipe on line use breadcrumbs instead of ground pork rind, but even if I had the choice I'm not sure i would use breadcrumbs after seeing how much David liked this.

Update: I am not loving the leftovers. It is too strong flavored for me. Maybe with another kind of meat or different seasonings, but as is it is not that appetizing to me. It would be better if the meat later was thinner, maybe with 3 oz ground meat per egg instead of 4.

No comments: