Thursday, February 4, 2016

Ultimate Taco Salad

This recipe uses "Ultimate Taco Meat" from p23 of the Frugal Paleo Cookbook. Preview page here.

Prepare the taco meat as instructed in the recipe, along with the extra veggies. Chop the kale extra tiny (also, do NOT use 200g. Just get a couple big handfuls. I have an enormous bag of chopped kale that is 285 g, so I can't imagine 2 cups of raw kale equaling 200 g, unless you measured 2 cups cooked.) Instead of the scratch seasoning the cookbook has in the back, I used 4 T of store bought taco seasoning. Or you could use a taco seasoning packet if you don't have bulk seasoning.

I didn't have zucchini, so I just left that out and used an entire green bell pepper and onion, which i think made up for the missing cup. But it doesn't need to be that precise anyway.

I serve this over ribboned romaine lettuce for me, and the rest of my family makes burritos with it.

My favorite salad is this:
ultimate taco meat
lettuce
avocado (OR olives)
tomatoes
refried beans (a little)
yogurt ranch dressing.
chopped cilantro!!!

I don't care about sour cream or cheese when I have the other things. But I still serve them so others can have them.

No comments: