Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Libby's Black Bean Soup

So, I made black bean soup using this recipe from my friend libby:
http://grandmasrolls.blogspot.com/2010/03/super-quick-black-bean-soup.html

It was ok. I used from scratch black beans, and used 1.25 cups dry to equal 2 cans. I soaked them overnight and then pressure cooked for 20 minutes. Then I let the pressure slow release (takes 20 min). I think the cooking time could be decreased by 5 minutes, but it didn't matter since I was pureeing the beans anyway. The soup was good so long as you have avocado, cheese, and chips to eat with it, but it doesn't stand as well on its own (sour cream would have been good too, but we were out). Plus, David doesn't like soups that don't have chunks. (nice visual there...)

I think some spices, meat, and veges would make this better.

No comments: