Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Indoor Pulled Pork

This is from the Jan/Feb issue of Cooks Illustrated. Or, here: http://thebittenword.typepad.com/thebittenword/2010/01/indoor-pulled-pork-and-other-superbowl-food-ideas.html

I made the lexington vinegar sauce because it has the least amount of sugar. This pork was SOO good. The texture is best when you don't over pull the pork--make sure it is still in big chunks.

The one and only time previous to this that I attempted pulled pork it turned out SUPER NASTY (it was a crockpot recipe... usually crockpots work well but not for this!)

This recipe is a winner. I used a 5 lb pork shoulder and tried to cut it in half (slabwise..is that a word?) but there were some bones that made it uneven. But it worked. There was way too much sauce. Easily half a recipe for sauce would be sufficient. We ate this for two meals and then froze the rest. It will last another couple meals I think.

I highly recommend this if you are at home for the day. I had to start dinner at 11 am, but most of that time it was in the oven and I was doing something else. Eat it on hamburger buns.

No comments: