Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Chicken Noodle Soup

So, I sort of don't have a recipe for chicken noodle soup. This is what I do (approx):

Chicken broth. A quart maybe? Leftover chicken drippings from baked chicken are good to throw in as well.
A few carrots. 2-3.
A few celery stalks. 3-4.
Onion. 1.
Some noodles. I used 4 oz of bowtie pasta. But, whatever. My super fave noodles (hard to find depending on your location) are from the freezer section--Grandmas frozen noodles. They are awesome and swell up really fat.
leftover cooked chicken (a cup or two?)

Boil chopped veges in the broth. Then add pasta. You could put in some thyme or sage or something. If you've got it.

the end.

P.S. Every time I make chicken noodle soup the broth seems to get all absorbed. So, maybe put in extra broth:)
If grandma's noodles are not to be found, Mrs. Weiss' Kluski Enriched egg noodles are fantastic. I just put in the whole 8 oz bag and it works well for ~4 qts (or less) of soup. I like to add a can of cream of chicken soup sometimes too to make it creamy like my turkey noodle soup recipe.

No comments: