Sunday, October 19, 2014

Rice and Coconut Pancakes

https://web.archive.org/web/20140718235935/http://www.bobsredmill.com/recipes.php?recipe=1196
Rice and Coconut Pancakes

This was good. The recipe makes enough that it does not need to be doubled, at least for our family of four. These are lighter than the banana oat ones I have made a lot. David says he likes this recipe a bit more. I think this will be my new go-to pancake recipe for a while.

4/22/2015 note: I made this with soy milk (soured with 1 T lemon juice), brown rice flour, and added blueberries. David didn't like the flavor as much. I think that is most likely due to the brown rice flour, since it is a strong flavor, but the soy milk I used also had a strong soy flavor so I'm not totally sure.

BUTTERMILK PANCAKES WITH COCONUT FLOUR

Directions

Mix together dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Add oil, eggs and buttermilk, blending with a whip until just blended. Texture will be a little thicker than regular pancake batter, but cooks up fluffy. Pour batter onto medium hot griddle sprayed with cooking spray. Cook until underside is nicely brown, flip and brown other side. Makes 8 pancakes. 

No comments: