Sunday, May 3, 2015

Strawberry Mascarpone Tart / Instructions for mini tarts

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/strawberry_mascarpone_tart/

I used my mini tarts (3 inch diameter at top) to make these for a baby shower. I made 18 tarts using a double crust recipe, and a single recipe for the tart filling seen above. I used all the cream filling, but had some leftover strawberries I couldn't fit into the tarts. Also, I had some crust leftover. I added 1 tablespoon sugar to my regular recipe for double crust, and the sweetness was just right.
I whipped 4 oz cream and mixed it with 8 oz mascarpone for the cream (along with other additions) and it worked well. Make sure to spread syrup when it is very hot, don't let it cool or it is too hard to spread well.

If you want a dozen tarts, a single recipe for 9 inch crust should be just enough. You will definitely have extra strawberries, so using 1 lb or 1.5 lb may be sufficient.


Six of the tarts I used a muffin tin to set them. For those I cut out large circles using a round tupperware container, with a diameter of nearly 5 inches.

No comments: