Friday, May 8, 2015

Biscuits and Gravy (gf/df)

Semi based on this: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/06/quick-easy-drop-biscuits-recipe.html

I used coconut oil in place of butter, 8 oz of gluten free flour and 3/4 cup of soy milk. The flours I used were not measured individually, so this is approximate: 2 oz sorgham, 2 oz buckwheat, 1 oz tapioca flour, 1 oz almond flour, 1 oz millet flour, and I can't remember another--perhaps the add .3 oz to the first 3 listed.

Anyway, I baked it 20 minutes and they were good. I think it was done after 15 but it crisp on the bottom after 20.

For the gravy, I used 1/2 lb ground pork sausage, 2 cups cashew milk, 1 cup water, 2 T tapioca starch, and salt and pepper plus some green garlic I had. The cashew milk is from the recipe on my blog. Also I added 2-3 tbsp lard. It was really tasty. Ila loved it, and even wanted leftovers when I was eating them for lunch the next day. The tapioca starch could be switched for a different starch. It does have a strange gumming effect, but it was tasty and smooth anyway.

No comments: