Saturday, July 13, 2013

Tilapia Po' Boys

http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/tilapia-po-boys-00000000057184/index.html

I have a whole package of frozen tilapia fillets that I need to use up soon, and this is one of the recipes I've found to use it up. David isn't the biggest fish fan either, but this recipe fries up fish and then you eat it in a baguette. Which he did like.

It could be that the baguette was too small (10.5 oz is what the store had), but there was more fish called for in this recipe than would fit on 4 sandwiches. If the baguette is small, 10 or 12 oz of tilapia is plenty for 4 sandwiches, or two hungry people. I used some generic fish seasoning I had in a packet in the cupboard (a salt free one). He had a hard time deciding between 3.5 and 4 on this one. This could benefit from some tangy sauce, like a horseradish sauce or something. But we didn't have any. I served this with pickles, lettuce, and mayo. I liked it too, but it was somewhat bland.

No comments: