Monday, July 29, 2013

Rice Pudding

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/rice_pudding/

Great recipe. I've only used arborio rice with it so far, see adjustments at bottom of page. I love rice pudding and this is a great one.

Notes from first time making it:
Turned out great--much more creamy than baked rice pudding. I kept the heat below boiling like she said, and the egg did not curdle. I think I will try sweetening with honey next time (less than 1/4 cup).
SO good. Try with 1/4 cup arborio next time, it was VERY thick. I put raspberries in it and it was so divine.
(I should point out that I used arborio rice instead of the short grain white the recipe called for. Had I used short grain white, it would not have turned out so thick.)

Notes from second time making it:

Using arborio rice, the recipe needs an extra 1/4 cup milk (or a 1/2 cup) or it will be too thick. I used whole milk and it was great.

No comments: