Thursday, July 11, 2013

Blackberry Sorbet

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Blackberry-Sorbet-108070

I had two 12 oz bags of frozen blackberries I wanted to use and this recipe looked perfect. It worked well, but turned out to be too sweet. I would use only 1 cup or even 3/4 cup sugar next time so it is more tart. I did put through a wire mesh to get rid of the seeds and I'm glad I took the trouble. The finished product did take many hours to freeze up, and it is not near as smooth as store bought sorbet so the seeds would have made it  very gritty. (I even blended it in a blendtec before putting in the ice cream maker, so I think the level of smoothness is just how homemade sorbet is. I've never done it before)

The blackberry flavor has an over-ripe taste to it. I'll bet this would taste better with fresh blackberries or another kind of berry. But these blackberries were weird in this form.

No comments: