Saturday, September 17, 2011

Roasted Tomato Basil Soup

Roasted Tomato Basil Soup
http://www.ahintofhoney.com/2011/07/roasted-tomato-basil-soup.html

Finally, a tomato soup I love! This was SO tasty. It is very important to use garden fresh tomatoes, and roast them with garlic. I think that's why it was so good. I pureed it with an immersion blender but left it a little chunky for texture. This is great with grilled cheese sandwiches or garlic breadsticks.

I used coarse sea salt as the seasoning for roasting, but put on a bit too much. I forgot that it would all end up in the soup! So be careful how much salt you put on. A teaspoon or so is probably fine and you can add more salt later if needed. Also, I used prechopped fresh basil that comes in a plastic tube since getting fresh basil (that is a good price) is hard. It turned out great.

No comments: