Sunday, September 25, 2011

Brown Rice Pudding

Brown Rice Pudding
http://massaorganics.blogspot.com/2008/10/rice-pudding-with-pistachios-raisins.html

This was really great. I used short grain brown rice and cooked it using water recommended on the package. I probably stopped it a few minutes early and added the milk and spices since I was rushing. I did not have cardamom pods so I used 1 teaspoon of ground cardamom.  I did use whole milk, and it was great. I'm not sure if it was necessary though to have the extra milkfat. Also, I did not saute the golden raisins and pistachios since the pistachios were already roasted (and salted). I fed this to Sarah and Jed. Sarah loved the saltiness of the nuts. I put half the raisins in the pudding and let it cool. Then when ready to serve (after being in the fridge for a bit), I garnished bowls of it with the nuts and more raisins.

No comments: