Thursday, March 24, 2011

Hamburgers

So I know this might be stupid to make a post for hamburgers, but this is the first time I ever made them so I wanted to write it down.

I used 1 lb grass fed beef (which is actually affordable now thanks to the Milk Pail!) and cut it into 4 pieces. I shaped them so they were really thin and had a diameter of at least 6 inches. I did that because I know they shrink a lot and I didn't want to have tiny balls of beef left after cooking.

I cooked it in a non-stick skillet (heavy duty), which worked ok. It would be better to have used a ribbed cast iron pan so the grease has somewhere to go, or better yet, a grill! Also next time use the grease splash screen so it doesn't get all over the stove and floor...

But it turned out pretty well. I flipped them when the juices were coming out on top and still pink, so they weren't super well done but pretty close. I put cheese on the top after flipping them so that DH could have a cheeseburger.

No comments: