Monday, March 14, 2011

Beef Pot Pie

I sort of made this up. It turned out well. Also, I literally took only 20 minutes to prep this dish. I was in a rush! I did use a pre-made crust, which is never as good. I used the Safeway brand, but really don't recommend it because the crusts are too thin. Pillsbury crusts are too thin as well.

1/2 lb ground beef
1 carrots
1 onion
handful green beans (or add another carrot, or 1/2 cup peas if you are a pea person (I am NOT one))
2 small potatoes
1 can of beef broth
1/4 cup flour
1 T paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 9-inch crust

Brown ground beef. While browning, chop carrots, onion, green beans, and potatoes. After beef is cooked, add chopped veg and saute with meat for 5-10 minutes. (add oil if skillet is very dry). Toss in flour, paprika, salt, and pepper and mix until distributed. Then add beef broth and simmer 3 or 4 minutes until thickened. Pour into 9 inch pie dish. Top with crust and seal. Cut a few slits in the crust. Bake for 30 minutes at 350F, until crust is deep gold.

No comments: