Saturday, January 23, 2010

Lamb Kofte

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Lamb-Kofte-with-Yogurt-Sauce-and-Muhammara-356770

This is basically lamb meatballs with yogurt sauce and flatbread. It was fantastic! I made the yogurt sauce a few hours in advance and let it sit in the fridge. Then I did the rest later--it took a little over an hour. It would have been an hour or less if one of my burners hadn't been on the fritz.

I used whole wheat pita bread and we ate all everything rolled up inside. The Muhammara sauce didn't work out quite right because I didn't even try to find pomegranate molasses, and instead tried to use pomegranate seeds instead. That didn't turn out quite right though. Also, I roasted my own red pepper instead of using some from a jar. But overall, it was fantastic--with or without the pomegranate seeds!

No comments: