Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Crackers

http://www.cupcakeproject.com/2011/03/homemade-ritz-crackers-recipe.html

I made half this batch today, minus the sugar. I used olive oil for the oil. It worked great. I rolled it out on my regular sized silpat, and it took up most of the space. Then I took my pastry wheel (first time using it even though I bought it like 5 years ago) and cut through it all. I poked each cracker with a fork too. I carefully moved the silpat onto a baking sheet. Then baked at 400 F for a while. I forgot to time it, I just checked it until it was starting to lightly brown in some spots.

I don't know how long these will keep for, which is why I only made half the batch. I wanted to use lard or coconut oil, or something more shelf stable so it will last longer. Maybe next time. Now I have crackers I feel ok giving to the baby.

After this I will try sourdough, perhaps, to break down the wheat a bit more. And after that, maybe a gluten free cracker that I can eat.

No comments: