Sunday, December 2, 2012

Steak and Arugula Salad

Based on http://thestonesoup.com/blog/2012/11/could-you-make-dinner-in-5-minutes/

Steak and Arugula salad

David and I both really liked this. We used Briannas french vinaigrette (the artichoke pic one) instead of the lemon & olive oil thing, and I also sauteed/browned some almond slivers after the meet was cooked. I used shredded parmesan (not the green can, but real parmesan that was shredded) instead of shaved. It was really good! The arugula was fantastic. I've never had a meaty salad I enjoyed quite this much that was so quick to make. A 5 oz bag of arugula was just right for two people.

Calories per serving: Using 1 T salad dressing, this is between 450 and 500 calories with the cheese and nuts, assuming 6 oz cooked top sirloin per person with all the fat trimmed (320 cal).

No comments: