Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Cauliflower Pizza Crust

http://detoxinista.com/2012/01/the-secret-to-perfect-cauliflower-pizza-crust
Cauliflower Pizza Crust

David and I both liked this.  I used a cheese cloth. You really do have to squeeze the life out of the cauliflower. Finally I gave up. I could have gotten more out I think if I'd wrapped up the cheesecloth bundle in a towel and stepped on it. I'll have to try that next time.  It made a small pizza, but was enough for 2 servings. We were both full after.

I used Chavrie (with herb) goat cheese, but only because I had some left over from christmas. It is kind of expensive. I'll have to figure out something else for next time. I looked in the comments, though, and you don't really need the goat cheese in the crust. It works without it. I added it mainly so the pizza would be bigger.

I "riced" the cauliflower in my blendtec blender. I poured water over the top too. I'm not sure how it'd do without the water. I can experiment I guess.

No comments: