Friday, February 19, 2010

Garlic Fries


This is a great recipe for garlic fries. They are so delicious and are baked, not fried, so the fat content is lower. I made it once before, and DH loved it! This time, I wasn't able to distribute the coating quite as regularly as I wanted so it was only a 4 this time. But it has so much potential. It is VERY garlicky. If you have big cloves, use only half what it calls for.

An 8 oz potato is no doubt an extremely large one. I have a small scale (SUPER useful!) and so I weighed out some of my small potatoes to get it to about 24 oz. I think it was 5. They just barely fit on a large cookie sheet (12x17).

Note: To get the coating evenly distributed and not stuck in clumps on the side of the bowl, transfer the hot potatoes to a clean dry bowl before adding the coating. That way, there are fewer sticky surfaces for the coating to adhere to.

No comments: