Friday, November 7, 2014

Crawfish (or Bay Scallop) Étouffée

From Primal Craving Cookbook, Originally Crawfish Étouffée, but crawfish were way expensive so I made it with bay scallops.

This was surprisingly good. I was skeptical at first, but it wasn't too spicy or anything. I used trader joes chili sauce for the hot sauce. We had it over rice, since we didn't have the suggested pairing of mashed celery root.

David thought the scallops were fine, or rather, "not bad". Which is a green light for me to continue to use it:)

This took me like an hour to make though. I'm sure it would be faster the 2nd time. Also, I just used diced tomatoes that i used the immersion blender on for a little. And I used 4 tbsp of the trader joes gluten free flour mix instead of potato flour. 2 tbsp was not enough, but it might have been had I used potato flour.

No comments: