Friday, August 29, 2014

Golompke Beef

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Golompke-Beef-and-Cabbage-Casserole/Detail.aspx

This recipe has a lot of room to improve. I used 2 week expired cole slaw mix, so there was a slight fermented taste to it. I used leftover trader joes tomato soup, poured over leftover rice. I also put in a trader joes onion dip packet into the ground beef. I would use canned tomatoes next time, and maybe work on the seasonings. Has potential, will make again.

Update: Made again with 1/2 head (of an enormous cabbage). I added 1 tsp salt, garlic pwder, and tarragon. I used 2 cups tomato sauce and a 14 oz can of diced tomatoes instead of the soup and water. The dish was great this time! I did not precook the rice and it needed the full 1h 15m of time to cook. Also it could use 1.5 lb ground beef when it is a larger amount of cabbage like I used here.

No comments: