Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pressure Cooker Hungarian Chicken

http://www.food.com/recipe/pressure-cooker-hungarian-chicken-170094

This was very good. It took an hour total to make. I used whole wheat rotini instead of egg noodles. I used a  14 oz can of diced tomatoes instead of a medium tomato. That probably added a bunch more liquid than would have been in there, so I let the sauce reduce the whole 15 minutes as recommended. I used smoked paprika, which was not hot at all. I could have put in double the amount, but the flavor was still good as is.  The sour cream addition was great. I put in just under 4 lbs of bone-in chicken leg quarters (3 quarters). I pulled off the skin and split the thighs from the legs (3 of each).

This would feed 4 I think. It fit easily into my 4 qt pressure cooker. I also added 2 carrots cut in 1 inch pieces and 8 frozen brussel sprouts. The brussel sprouts were for sure overcooked, but still tasted well I think.

No comments: