Sunday, October 23, 2011

Bittersweet Chocolate and Pear Cake

Bittersweet Chocolate and Pear Cake
http://smittenkitchen.com/2009/01/bittersweet-chocolate-and-pear-cake/

This was so good. I did just what the recipe said, except I used a cake pan instead of a springform pan. I'm not sure if browning the butter really makes a difference, but I did it anyway. The butter bubbled for a while, but then quieted down and I thought maybe it needed higher heat. But within a couple minutes the butter had turned brown suddenly. So make sure to watch it the whole time so it doesn't burn during the bubbling phase (you'll need to push it around the pot to prevent that) or get too brown. It really did smell a bit nutty when it was browned. I used extra dark chocolate chips that was 63% chocolate. David and I really liked it.

No comments: