Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Roasted Fava Beans

I loved these. I had fresh fava beans from my CSA box. I saw this article http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/04/22/FD381IV24R.DTL
and decided to roast them.

I put 1 layer of fava bean pods on a baking sheet with a little oil. I intended to roast them at 450 for 25 minutes, but it began to smoke so I decreased the heat to 400 early on. They came out tender and good. I put salt on it afterward, (coarse sea salt), and then when I shelled them make sure to have salt on my fingers so I would get salt with the inner fava bean. David liked them with their shells still on (but out of the pod). This was very little effort and very tasty. I will definitely remember this. After they had cooled for a few minutes we just stood there and ate them all.

No comments: