Thursday, August 5, 2010

Chicken Marsala

https://web.archive.org/web/20140110054056/http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/chicken-marsala-recipe/index.html
This was really good with a touch of sweetness to it. I attempted to double the recipe (for leftovers) but the sauce didn't thicken very well. This might have also been because I used almond meal instead of regular flour to "dredge" the chicken in. I don't think the almond meal works nearly as well as a thickening agent as flour. Next time I make this I will just make one recipe and actually follow the directions this time. Instead of making the "essence" I just put a few pinches of spices into the flour mixture.
10/26/2010 update:
I made this again tonight and followed the recipe. It turned out really delicious. I had some flour left over after "dredging" and put some of it in the liquid to help thicken, but it probably wasn't necessary. Marsala has a really unique flavor. David and I both really like it. We ate it over brown rice with asparagus.

No comments: