Monday, August 23, 2010

Chicken Curry

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Kai-Kang-Dang-Chicken-Curry-with-Coconut-Milk/Detail.aspx

This was really good. Of course, it is fattening so it had better be. I made some brown basmati rice to go with it.

I used one can coconut milk in this recipe. I don't think it was 2.5 cups (maybe 14 or 15 oz though), but it was plenty. The bamboo shoots added a nice crunch. I found a can of them at the store but could not find Thai basil. I used regular basil instead and it tasted great. I left out the sugar since DH doesn't like sugar in his food. Instead of frozen veges, I used a head of broccoli. I thinly sliced the broccoli stem and added it to the sauté pan a few minutes after the broccoli florets so that the stem pieces would be a touch crunchy.

No comments: