Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Sourdough Cornbread

http://emerils.com/125741/sourdough-cornbread
Sourdough Cornbread

I wasn't able to taste this (my diet), but my family rated it so-so. But I did not have buttermilk and so used regular milk (not even soured! I was in a rush). Also used coconut oil instead of butter. Next time I'll sour the milk (I never have buttermilk on hand!) and use butter and then that will be the final word. Also--I would say this is quite a large recipe. Half is plenty, and it will cook in 20 minutes. Finally, 1 tbsp might be too much oil. I was in a rush and guessed, but it was too much oil and it made the cornbread soggy on top (i also only poured in half so it would cook faster). Try 1 tsp oil and see what it looks like.

I am looking for biscuit and cornbread recipes so that I can make one or the other in a snap to go with dinner so my family doesn't have to eat cauliflower rice all the time (or rather...not eat it!)

No comments: