Friday, July 28, 2017

Quick Tortillas

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/homemade-tortillas
Homemade tortillas

This worked great, my family liked it. I was able to make it and cook it while the oven preheated and salmon baked. I did half a batch and kneaded it in the bowl, then rolled out between two silpats.

I made half a batch (since I wasn't having any) to go with salmon and tzatziki sauce. Much faster than pitas but maybe i'll just use the tortillas from the fridge next time!

But i could modify this to be sourdough pretty easily. This is the original recipe in grams.

240 g flour
177 g water
1/2 tsp salt
3 T olive oil

To convert to sourdough, add 250 grams (1 cup) of starter in place of 125 g water and 125 gram flour.

That changes the recipe to:
115 g flour
52 g water
250 g sourdough starter
1/2 tsp salt
3 T olive oil

So do that next time and see if its worth the effort.

No comments: