Friday, May 5, 2017

Protein Waffles

http://damndelicious.net/2016/07/15/healthy-protein-waffles
Protein Waffles

I also made this to go with it: https://lrhrecipes.blogspot.com/2015/11/blueberry-syrup-unsweetened.html and it didn't use an entire 12 oz bag. so 10 oz seems about right. It made about a cup. I did add a little bit of stevia (one 1/16 tsp scoop) to the syrup. The syrup made about 1 cup total.

These definitely seemed more filling than usual waffles. I did 1.5x the recipe and it made 8 waffles with my waffle maker (the first one was pretty small though). If I'd measured it right from the beginning and used nearly 3/4 cup batter per waffles, it would probably have been more like 7 full circular waffles. Cottage cheese and eggs really make it super filling.

I also served it with trader joes bacon...my favorite...but totally unnecessary with this recipe since it is already high in protein. Based on the original recipe, the 1.5x version should make 9 waffles with 240 calories each. So if it only makes ~7 then the calories are 308 per waffle if 2% cottage cheese is used.

Ila and Clyde both asked for waffles for the next two days so they really loved waffles. I need to make these regularly.

No comments: