Friday, July 22, 2016

Zucchini Muffins

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/zucchini_muffins/
Zucchini Muffins

I adjusted this recipe a little. I used coconut oil instead of butter, more because I was low on butter. And I added 1/2 cup non-instant powdered milk to the batter and reduced the sugar to 1 cup. The sugar was just barely enough, I would definitely not go any lower in the quantity. It was mildly sweet. I added walnuts and the kids enjoyed it.

This made 19-20 large muffins.

Notes:
-I have made this without the powdered milk, recipe as written, and it is delicious.
-I've also done this with frozen shredded zucchini with the water drained. It uses twice as much as you'd use otherwise with all the water that comes out when thawed, and it was not even 2 whole cups of the drained/thawed zucchini when measured, but it came from two quart bags of frozen zucchini. I had to stir it extra well to make sure there weren't any zucchini clumps, and I made sure to put in all the sugar just in case the zucchini flavor was stronger. It turned out great.
-Also good with cream cheese frosting:)

No comments: