Monday, February 2, 2015

Fried Rice

I did it in the style of this website: http://perfecthealthdiet.com/2010/12/cambridge-fried-rice/

I used parsnip, green onion, carrot, and celery. It was great. I sliced them in the food processor. I had some mild sausage so used that, but it turned out to be more spicy than I anticipated. I also added soy sauce and sesame oil to the vegetables as they were cooking, and turmeric to the rice as it fried in coconut oil. Having a wok is so nice to make stuff like this that needs a large volume. I put all the cooked food into another bowl as they were completed like the recipe shows. Then I mixed all together at the end. Next time try it with plain ground pork or other meat that is not seasoned.

5/2017: This works well with quinoa too, if the quinoa is not soggy.

No comments: