Monday, May 3, 2010

Trout

One block from my house is a great little grocery store called JJ&F. They have a full service deli, butcher and fish area as well. (Awesome sandwiches!)

I bought one trout that had been deboned and gutted, so when you open it up you have two fillets still in their skins ready to go. I've made trout many times. The herbs / spices vary, but some things always remain the same.
---
Butter the bottom of a square casserole dish. Place trout skin down into dish. Mix 1 tbsp. butter and juice from one lemon and heat until butter is melted. Pout mixture over trout. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
---
So, that is the part that is always the same. This time I also chopped up some fresh basil (maybe 1/4 cup?) and put that on top of the fish before pouring the lemon butter over the top.

Then, I bake at 400 for 15 minutes.

It is soooo good. Even DH likes it.

No comments: