Thursday, May 6, 2010

Baked Fajitas

My long time friend Jillian taught me to make these during undergrad. They are easy and good.

I think Jillian used portobello mushrooms instead of chicken, but I like to sub that for chicken and baby mushrooms.

Cooked chicken pieces (maybe 1 large chicken breast?)
1 bell pepper (I prefer a non-green type)
1/3 lb baby mushrooms (I think 10-15 mushrooms. I like crimini).
1 tsp cumin
4 medium flour tortillas
1 cup salsa
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese

Slice bell pepper into strips and slice mushrooms. Saute until mushrooms are cooked. Add cumin. Divide mushroom/pepper mixture into 4 piles in pan. Roll up mixture with 1/4 of available chicken pieces in tortilla. Put tortilla in square glass casserole dish. 4 of these should fit perfectly. Pour salsa over rolled up tortillas and sprinkle cheese over top. Bake for 20 min at 350.

(If you don't want to saute the veges, just roll up everything raw (but the chicken still cooked) and bake for 30-40 minutes.

This is good for 2 people.

Notes: Sauteed onions would be good with this.


No comments: