Sunday, September 3, 2017

Instant Pot Pulled Pork

http://www.allergyfreealaska.com/2017/01/13/crowd-pleasing-instant-pot-pulled-pork-with-dry-rub/

I used a 9 lb bone-in pork shoulder for this. I cut off the top skin/fat layer and cut it into 3 pieces: 1 large piece that would fit into the bottom of my pot, and then 2 smaller pieces that could squish in beside it. I let the pot heat up to high on saute function and browned the pieces on multiple sides after applying the rub. This made a huge amount of  meat, as expected! After searing (~4-5 min per side) I pressure cooked it for 2 hours and 30 minutes. So yes I had to add another 30 minutes onto the end since my pot only goes up to 120 minutes. 150 minutes was enough time to make the pork super easy to shred and the bone literally fell off, which was what I wanted. It tasted great.

No comments: