Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Paleo Carrot Cake with Maple Cream Cheese frosting

http://thestonesoup.com/blog/2015/09/the-best-birthday-present-ever-a-sale/
Paleo Carrot Cake with Maple Cream Cheese frosting

I am sad to say this was not so great. I made it for Clyde's birthday cake. I'm not sure what went wrong, but I would not make this again. I only used 8 oz of cream cheese, but it seriously needed to be blended with something else, like butter or cream. I really don't like it on its own, even if it does have maple syrup in it. The sweetness is too little to notice for me anyway. I used regular pitted dates for this too, not medjool (it doesn't call for medjool, I'm just recording what I did.) I think I'd try the elana's pantry recipe next if I want another carrot cake someday.

No comments: