Sunday, February 5, 2012

Turkey Noodle Soup

I got this recipe from Erin Farr when I was in college.

2 cans chicken broth (10 3/4 oz size)
2 cans water
2 cups turkey
3 celery stalks, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
10 sage leaves, chopped (~1 Tbsp) or 1 tsp powdered
1 can cream of chicken soup
11 oz package Grandma's noodles (frozen uncooked egg noodles)

Heat broth and water. Add turkey, celery, carrots, sage, and noodles.  Simmer until noodles and veges are done. Add cream of chicken soup and heat through. Does not do well in crockpot.

I often put in all broth and no water and use chicken bullion instead of canned broth.  The noodles will soak up a lot of the liquid, so if it sits for a while then more water may  need to be added so it has a soupy consistency and is not too thick.

When I double this recipe I often just use one can of cream of chicken soup and 1 package 16 oz grandma's noodles. Works great!

If grandma's noodles are not to be found, Mrs. Weiss' Kluski Enriched egg noodles are fantastic. I just put in the whole 8 oz bag and it works well for ~4 qts of soup.

Notes: Hyvee and Copps carry Reames Homestyle Egg Noodles in the freezer section. I use the 12 oz package and it is just like Grandma's noodles.

No comments: