Sunday, August 28, 2011

Chicken Rice Casserole

Chicken Rice Casserole
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/easy-chicken-rice-casserole/detail.aspx

I halved this recipe and put it in a square glass dish to bake. I used brown rice and stirred it twice during baking time to make sure the rice and liquid were mixed well. It took 2 hours total. I used about 12 oz of chicken, which was one huge chicken breast that I cut into strips. The chicken was sort of tough after baking 2 hours. I added about a 1/3 cup extra milk (for the half recipe) since brown rice needs more liquid, but I think I would put in even more liquid next time. Like for every cup the recipe calls for, put in an extra half cup or 2/3 cup of milk or water. Also, the milk bubbled over and got onto the oven, so I recommend putting a pan under it to catch drips.

So the changes I made include:
brown rice
cream of chicken & mushroom soup
dill
thyme
salt free garlic pepper
onion powder
salt

I would have used seasoned salt if I'd had any. This is one of the few recipes where I like to use cream of blank soup. Normally I avoid it.

No comments: