Monday, September 6, 2010

Berry Tart

http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/berry_tart/

I used all strawberries in this, and no liqueur. Instead of liqueur, I added 1 tsp sugar and 1 tbsp water to the marmalade and heated them in a pot so the sugar dissolved.

The crust is a pain and a lot of work, but it gets rave reviews. I served this to a couple of DH's economics department friends that we had over for dinner, and one asked for the recipe. It would be SO much easier if I had a food processor. But I used a pastry cutter and did it by hand. Which took forever.

My 9 inch tart pan was a bit small for all the cream filling. The strawberries were piled pretty high. Next time I make this, I think I will use half as much mascarpone/cream/sugar. Not sure if the cream is necessary, but it definitely tasted great.

No comments: